Author Topic: Build thread - KX500B1 Supermoto  (Read 16666 times)

Offline Brute

• 787 ZA005 GE
Re: Build thread - KX500B1 Supermoto
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2016, 06:59:12 AM »
Wow! That is one long build!  :lol: Good you are getting back to it. Looks good.
Things Are More Like They Are Today Then They Have Ever Been Before...

Offline derek badger

Re: Build thread - KX500B1 Supermoto
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2020, 09:08:58 PM »
Fast forward two and a half years later... and we've moved again. I finally now have a decent workshop with heating, power, decent lighting, internet etc. It's taken me another year since we moved in to get the man cave sorted and in a position to crack on, but here we go...again.

To recap, it's never run. I had a full top and bottom rebuild then couldn't get a spark and while trying to get it started the kickstart started slipping so it couldn't be turned over.

I've dug out a new coil and a 2nd hand CDI I bought at some point over the last decade and also another kick start assembly. Tonight I drained the gearbox oil and took the water pump and crank case off.

Once I've got it kicking over again I'll be back to the ignition issue. I've ordered one of those temp fuel tanks you hang from above in anticipation of it firing up. The plan is then to make a list of what needs doing, break it down into chunks like sort the wheel spacers, chain alignment and brakes. Then it needs registering and an MOT.